Respite Reflections’ purpose is to help people push the “pause” button in their transition work — to take a break from the thinking, researching, networking and preparing for interviews. Taking a moment to center yourself, ponder a positive thought, and focus on a broader perspective is invaluable during a time of transition.
“Creativity is the power to connectthe seemingly unconnected.”
– William Plomer
A therapist once shared that there were five ways to look at a problem:
- a “problem” is just a problem
- a “dilemma” is something to address but not something to ruin your day
- a “challenge” has presented itself that will help you grow
- an “opportunity” has come your way to learn a new lesson
- a “blessing” is in your midst if you but have the patience and wisdom to see it
In all the problems that present themselves to us during these uncertain seasons, it cannot hurt to carry “creativity” with us as we face difficulties and opportunities. Perhaps something new can be created out of the current chaos and one day we will look back and be grateful that we shared these times together. Perhaps it is just a matter of perspective.