… seven things you already know
about NetWorking and Job seeking…
You already know…
- You must work harder and smarter to get the results you want.
- Your goal is to communicate your value to as many people as possible, not just those who can hire you or refer you to others who can, but those who provide give you new ideas and insights about to yourself, and your work.
- You need to be patient and persistent — easier said than done.
- You need to balance your time between using the web/social media and going face-to-face in establishing contacts.
- You must get smarter in your field, becoming a subject matter expert on some aspect which is valuable to someone else.
- When applying to real time openings on a job board, super board, niche or boutique board, you need to match up to 90% plus of the requirements and optimally, know someone or have a contact with someone in the organization.
- You already know, that when you’re networking, whether it’s on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, a blog, email or in person, it comes down to the same challenge. Saying the right thing at the right time to the right person, and saying it with impact. This takes preparation and practice.
These truths haven’t changed.
Reflect on what skills, knowledge or expertise you have that distinguish you in your work. What can you do to elevate these attractive skills? And how do you best communicate them to others?